Monday, June 9, 2008

Waiting for the Plane

Due to our long wait in the San Francisco airport - and the lack of
internet at our hotel - I signed up for the T-Mobile Daypass so
someone could get caught up on her email. not that I won't use it as
well... We got it working before we checked in, but after that it
would never display a login page! I ended up calling t-mobile. it
took the 4th person to actually know anything about Hotspot and he
had to hand off to a level 2 person who finally gave me an IP address
to connect to. I finally got a login page and now all is well.

So now we're waiting to board our plane. Our meals are kinda messed
up, but we did that a bit deliberately to help with the time change.
Qantas has a nice plan, if you are able to follow it.
- You leave late at night
- After 1 hour they feed you (2+ hours)
- You watch a movie (2-3 hours)
- You sleep (6-8 hours?)
- The feed you breakfast (1 hour)
- An hour later you arrive
Total - 15 hours.
The tough part will be the sleeping.

The gate agent gave us seats 59 A and C (with non one in-between us)
so that will give us some room and also means we don't have to
disturb anyone to get up and walk around.
So more in a future post about how well "The Plan" worked - I must
admit I'm not optimistic, but I do expect to get some sleep on the
plane.

Once we arrive, scheduled for 0620 Sydney time, we'll have about 1
1/2 hours of baggage and customs, then we'll meet Pat and Robert for
the first time. It's a 2 hour drive back to Newcastle from Sydney so
we should arrive before lunch time. Pat has high speed internet and
I;m hoping to find a wireless router that just needs to be
activated. If so we'll be online from their house a bit. If now,
out online time will be somewhat limited, altho I'm sure the router
would have a place for a second ethernet hookup so we can have 2
computers online. As you can surmise, one of my early tasks will be
to assess their internet capabilities and hopefully to help them with
getting their second computer online. Nothing like making myself
useful! LOL

Well, enough for now. More to come about the flight once we arrive.

No comments: