Saturday, June 21, 2008

Past the halfway mark!

Yesterday Mary and I realized we had reached the halfway mark of our vacation. I came up with 3 ways to determine when we reached that milestone, but the easiest is to take half the time between when we flew out of Detroit and when we return. That would point to the evening of June 19th, which would be late morning on June 20th here in Australia after you add 14 hours.
We've never been on vacation for 14 days and we're nearly at that milestone and still have over 10 days to go! So this will easily be out longest vacation.
We both hope all is well back in Michigan. We haven't heard much news besides what's on Katie's blog. I have heard about the major power outages and hope our house was unaffected.
That's about it for now. Time to check on a few more things and then sign off and head back to the hotel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How come time always goes so fast when you're having fun? Everything at home is fine. We did NOT have power outages here. Kitsa is lonely but fine. Aunt Debbie is at Michael's for the weekend. Nana and I are going out for the day on Tuesday (groceries, lunch, etc). The yards are easy to do, no problems. The weather here has been coolish but is starting to warm up again today. Guess that's it in a nutshell. I would say hurry home but I know you don't want to :)

Anonymous said...

Bill --

All is well at DTE. We were quite busy the week after the storm and we had a failure with our phones which NTE has been investigating. Ed and I lost power for two days, but I must say that our company did a terrific job restoring power to everyone considering all the damage.

I am really enjoying reading about your journey. Sounds like you and Mary are having a great time and it's hard to believe that it's half over. I have also enjoyed the pictures, especially the ones with the koala bear.

You and Mary enjoy this time. Thanks for sharing.

Janet Byrnes