Thursday, June 5, 2008

Transition

Tomorrow my vacation starts.  It'll be a day of transition with lots of stuff to do in preparation, but also a time to bring closure to any work stuff.  I got most everything I wanted to do today.  One non-critical task was left hanging but the other guy on it should be able to wrap it up.

Unfortunately our iBook G4 laptop is acting up. The battery says it is charging, but the battery percentage never goes up.  It works great on power and if we were gone for a short time I wouldn't worry much about it.  but for this long trip, I'd like to get it fixed.  So there goes an extra 2 hours to drive to the repair shop wait for the repair and return home.  Maybe I can work on refining my packing list or something while I wait.  We were talking about going to the Red Wings parade tomorrow, but that is out of the question now.  Besides it's supposed to be over 90 and humid tomorrow so that would be pretty miserable.
As I was walking out of work today it was kinda hard to believe I won't return until July 3rd.  I've never taken a vacation this long before so that will be different -- I think our longest one before this was 2 weeks.  And I am very much looking forward to it.  As I talk to people about it they are very impressed with the concept of actually living with an Australian family for 6 days.  That will be very interesting.  I am having some trouble finding a solid Lutheran church to attend.  Pastor B. has given me a few leads, but I'm still in the midst of a train of referral emails.
Well, that's what's happening tonight!  It's starting to get very real!  


2 comments:

Katie said...

Have you tried the Lutheran Church of Australia? I just did a quick Google for "australia lutheran church" and that's what came up, I'm not sure if it's the "right" kind of Lutheran for you or not. They have a church locater service and everything. You might want to check out their site, it does appear they have a lot of their theology listed, though I didn't take the time to read it.

Bill said...

I received a couple of Australian pastor contacts from Pastor Baseley. One of them indicated how this synod is no longer confessional Lutheran.
But if I don't find any other, we'll probably attend one of thee churches.