Friday, June 6, 2008

Nearly ready

Well I accomplished my To Do list for today.  The main things were to get the iBook checked out, complete my Emmanuel Treasurer duties, and a variety of travel prep activities.
  • The iBook thing was weird.  They did not find anything wrong, yet when I came home, it charged the battery back to 99%!  So I chalked that one up as "kinda fixed".
  • The Treasurer stuff took about 4 hours.  I knew it'd be at least 3 since I had to do 2 payrolls plus quarter end plus write other checks. It worked out nice that the late June payroll is just salaried people so no time sheets to mess with for that one.
  • We looked at our suitcase situation last night and decided we should get another large one for me.  So while waiting for the computer to be fixed I went to Kohl's and found a nice one on sale. 
  • I got most things packed tonight.  Some final items to do tomorrow, but I'm 90% packed, except for electronic things - that is on tomorrow's agenda.
  • Tonight NWA sent me a reminder to print my boarding passes so that is all set!
After buying the new suitcase, Mary was packing tonight and decided she only needs her large one and part of another - much less space that expected.  After I got nearly all my stuff into one large suitcase we decided we could get by with those two plus the new one!  So that will save us $50 on each NWA flight since I'll have 2 suitcases and Mary only 1. It all helps.  And yes, all are under the 50 lb limit.
So it looks like all is ready as it can be.  Tomorrow we head out!

No comments: