Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Fewer Posts until Monday

We flew to Cairns today and got to our hotel. Once I checked in I scanned for internet service and did not find any. I asked at the desk since the hotel web site said they offered it and they do - one terminal in the lobby at $2/20 minutes.
So we'll be having a great time here - I just won't be able to post about it very much. And uploading pictures will be a bit of a challenge. I'll get something worked out, but I'm just so used to using my own computer instead of a computer at an internet cafe like I'm at now.
  • Tomorrow we do the Postie Run (airplane mail delivery to ranches in the outback)
  • Friday we signed up for a nice Great Barrier Reef tour which has a semi-submersible and walk-in snorkling
  • Saturday we take a train through the Daintree Rain Forest to Kuranda then take the Skyrail back to bus that takes up back to town.
So that's our plans. While some people may kid us about being too internet attached, we'll do just fine. My disappointment is in not being as able to share our adventure with you as it happens. But I'm thinking we'll work something out.

1 comment:

Katie said...

As much as you are really attached to the Internet, it's great seeing what you're doing every day on the trip! Bummer about lack of free Internet. You should still write up blog posts each day as if you were posting them, and just save them up until you have Internet.