Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Arrived in New Your City

We had a fairly uneventful flight into Laguardia today.  The only hiccup was that I had us in Comfort+, 1 row behind the bulkhead, but apparently due to a place switch we ended up with a bulkhead in front of us so we had to put everything in the overhead bins.  It was a pain, but quite tolerable for a mere 1:15 hour flight. 

I booked a Lyft to the hotel and we had an excellent driver. Unknown to me, we drove right past the USS Intrepid museum ship!  I had hoped to visit this ship, home of the space shuttle Enterprise (the only one I have not seen) but due to various timings, it's not working out for this NYC visit.  So I was glad to get this picture.  The shuttle is in the enclosed area on the back of the ship.
Our hotel room was not ready when we arrived so we headed to Times Square.   Had to take a selfie in front of the classic New Yers Eve ball drop tower.  After that we visited the M&M and Hershey stores (free samples at each!)  before heading back to our hotel.
I didn't think we went that far, but it turned out to be 2 1/2 miles!  So we took a lot of steps today! 


We headed to the Shake Shack for supper before checking out the theater where we will see Beautiful Noise tomorrow afternoon.  

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time in NYC! A Beautiful Noise is a fun show. Be prepared to get up on your feet and sing Sweet Caroline! Gail

Nancy Howard said...

I enjoyed hearing about your day going to times square, the Hershey store and the M&M store. Neil Diamond is one of my favorites.

Anonymous said...

Hi Bill , great photos . Lunch looked nice ......Enjoy the show also the cruise also your anniversary . Pat

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time in NYC!
I’m hoping to see Beautiful Noise when it begins touring this Fall.
My sister and BIL are going to NYC in Oct for their 30th anniversary.
So much to see in ‘the city that never sleeps’!
Kathy