Sunday, February 12, 2017

Hawaii Cruise Day 5

Today is our last sea day before we visit Hawaii. One nice aspect of this trip is being completely isolated from all the political brew-ha-ha on the news channels.  To date we have avoided watching either MS-NBC or Fox News even tho both are available on our room TVs.  The only news I heard in passing is that Mrs DeVos was confirmed and it took the VP to cast the deciding vote - more political history in this turbulent year.
We had a nice morning.  We went to "Coffee with the Captain" where the captain was asked a number of questions including some from the audience.  This is one of the more personable captains we've even had.  After that I went to ring toss but only got 8 points while the top two had 10. At least I came close!  No bridge today.  I showed up as did the partner I played with yesterday, but no other twosomes, so we left. This way I was able to try my hand at the champagne ring toss; it was fun, but I failed to win a bottle. 
We enjoyed a very funny piano comedian this evening.  This guy was a riot -- at first he played the piano while facing away from it, then he even played a song while standing on his head!  He went on to play songs from Billy Joel, Ray Charles, and other artists, and had the audience singing along.  

We see land tomorrow as we arrive at Oahu and visit Pearl Harbor.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good idea not to listen to the news Bill , a very good idea :-)
Sounds like a nice kind of quite day . What a clever guy playing that piano . Enjoy Hawaii Pat