Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Cruise Day 3

 We had a quiet and, thankfully, a very smooth day.  Very little ship movement which is very good. 

This morning I attended  "Coffee With Clare" where the cruise director interviews various officers.  Today was the First Officer in the Engineering department.   He spoke about the various challenges of keeping a cruise ship running.   His best line was that once they've processed the waste water it is clean enough to drink --- but then added "we don't recycle"!  That got him some appreciative applause.

Our ship had an Alaska Brunch from 9:30 - 12:30 today which we attended and enjoyed very much.  Mary had Blueberry pancakes while I had Bananas Foster pancakes. Our waiter was kind enough to bring me a whole pot of coffee! 

In the afternoon I tried to attend a Corn hole event.  It was on the top deck and with the ship doing 22 mph into a wind, if I threw the bags has hard as I could, they would barely reach the other board!  No crew member showed up to run it so I left after a few attempts.  I did finally land one on the board but it took 12 tosses.. Oh well...

Dinner tonight was very tasty.   Mary had a favorite, parmesan crusted chicken, while I had short rib stroganoff.   





Dessert was blueberry cheesecake and nutella cream pie. Service was pleasantly quick as we were in and out in 1 hour.  

We both agree the food on ths cruise is  excellent.

Tonight's production show was "Curtain Up", a look across Broadway shows from the 1920's to 1970's.  Everything from Singing in the Rain to  Mary Poppins to Wicked to Jersey Boys to Saturday Night Fever. 
It was very energetic and entertaining. 

Later we watched a hilarious movie called "Swimming With Men".  If you need a good laugh some time, give it a try!

On to Kodiak tomorrow!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for smooth seas! The food really does look wonderful, and I'm going to check out that movie. Claudia

Anonymous said...

Hi there, seems like a great cruise so far, food & dessert & a pot of coffee is so important lol will ck out movie too thanks for the tip.. Enjoy...

Anonymous said...

A shame about the corn hole event Bill as I know you love these events . So glad you are enjoying the food , it looks great . Enjoy .....Pat

Anonymous said...

Smooth seas are the best. The food sounds - and looks - wonderful. On to Alaska! Have fun!
Gail

Anonymous said...

I would have liked the Broadway shows production. The food always looks so good! Sounds like you’re off to a good start!
Kathy

Nancy Howard said...

Thanks for the recommendation on the movie, I like comedies. The presentation on the dinner and desserts looks wonderful. The show you saw sounded extremely good. Lots of variety of music.Nancy