Saturday, August 22, 2026

A Day in Seattle

I found a nice pastry shop for breakfast and coffee. In spite of everything being in french I found some good eats.   Next we wandered around Pikes Market area. There is quite a lot to see.  Always on the lookout for interesting jams or jellies, after a taste test, I bought some Marionberry jam.  We also visited the Pikes Place Fish Market, famous for throwing fish back and forth; It was cool to see.   I took a short video, but am unable to add it to my blog post 8-(

After wandering around many shops, we headed back to our hotel. We grabbed lunch at Sister's European Cafe before heading to our sailboat. 

We thoroughly enjoy the ride. Yesterday the weather forecast was predicting some rain, but today was absolutely gorgeous! Sunny and warm with a nice breeze.  The sailboat was a 4 sail, two masted schooner.  I helped raise both the mainsail and the mizzen sail.  
Check out these pictures from the cruise. We had some great conversations with other passengers, including one family from Fort Wayne IN, my home town! 
After our Puget Sound sail,  we walked along the Seattle waterfront to Ivar's for dinner. It was a very pleasant walk and we stopped a couple of times to enjoy the views and passersbys, as it was rather crowded on a beautiful Saturday.  Mary enjoyed her clams while I had fish and chips.  

After supper, it was time to walk back to our hotel. If anyone has been to Seattle, you know ther is no such thing as a level road,  We took an elevator part way up, but still had several blocks of an uphill sidewalk to go to reach our hotel. We ended up walking over 10,000 steps today, which is close to 5 miles.  All I can say is that this walk seemed a lot harder than when we did the same thing 2 years agi!  

Tomorrow we head to the ship, and sail away about 3pm for Kodiak, AK. 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great start to your trip. The pictures are beautiful, and I’m looking forward to hearing all about the cruise. Enjoy! Claudia