Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Day 6 - Halifax, Nova Scotia

I took a walk around town this morning, from the ship to the Citadel, a fort on the highest point of land overlooking the city. Here's a view of another landmark, the four sided clock, taken from the Citadel with the city n the background.  This gives you a good idea of how steep the road is from the harbor to the Citadel. (Yes, it was quite a climb!)
On my walk I went by this Canadian Corvette, an anti-submarine patrol craft.  Last year I made this post about my visit when I toured the ship and took lots of pictures since this is the same size ship my dad spent 2 years on the in the Pacific during WW II.  Seeing it made me wish I could share it with him again and hear his tales of life during his "2 year cruise".  
Princess had a local dance company come on board to entertain us by doing various Scottish Step Dances. They had a bagpiper accompany them on a few dances and a violin trio on some others.  

Today is our son, Andy's, birthday.  Princess decorated his door with a poster and balloons, and also gave him a special dessert at dinner.  It was so nice sharing this special day with him and Melissa.  

2 comments:

Warren said...

So glad Andy got a birthday decoration....after almost freezing to death on the whale watching boat. Poor guy! Ms Molly is fine. We're a bit cool here too. Sami and Oscar think they're gonna die if they get out of the heated beds. Its been about 60-65 the last couple of days. It went from very warm to very chilly. I'm getting so excited as you all get closer to PEI!!! Can't wait for those pics! ~Sylvia

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a happy birthday Andy . you and my new granddaughter share the same birthday dates :-) Loved the photos Bill , thanks . I didn't receive this blog but did a search and found it . Enjoy your holiday Pat