Friday, September 23, 2016

Day 2 - Newport

Today was our visit to Newport, Rhode Island, famous as being the home of the America's Cup races  for nearly 100 years.  It is a very elegant resort town.

The ship cannot dock here so we had to tender in to the town.  Mary did some shopping while I did an America's Cup excursion. I did a similar excursion at Cozumel where we raced two boats so I expected this to be similar. But instead this turned out to be a nice sailboat ride around Newport Bay.  The amazing thing that happened today was that as Mary was taking her tender to shore she happened to sit by an open window, looked out her widow, and spotted me on my sailboat! She took this picture of my boat, and you can see me better in the closeup.
After we both got back to the ship we had a nice lunch with Andy and Melissa and are relaxing on board as sail away is at 4:00 pm.  

We ordered hors d'oeuvres in our cabin and enjoyed that appetizer before supper: caviar, prosciutto, and shrimp. 

2 comments:

Warren said...

Nothing gets passed that Mary!! teehee Can't wait to see what old Bean Town holds in store for the travelers today. Ms Molly's meows have doubled in volume...wow, that kitty can meow! She's doing well though. Enjoy~ Sylvia

Anonymous said...

You both are sure living the life , look at that food .
Mary knows her hubby when she see's him . the sail boat looks fun