Saturday, June 14, 2014

Heading to Our Ship

Our cruise begins today!  We had a 9:45 train departure to take us to our ship.  We had a very pleasant and uneventful ride to Whittier with seats on the second deck with a great view towards Cook Inlet.
Here are a two of the many mountain view pictures I took today. The one on the right is called a hanging glacier.

We passed through two tunnels to get to Whittier, with the second being the shared car/train tunnel we drove through yesterday.  As we emerged I got an updated version of my favorite picture from our first Alaska Cruise in 2005.  Love seeing that white ship in the distance!

Boarding went very smooth with little waiting and we quickly found our cabins.  Andy and Melissa are next to Mary and me while Katie is a few decks below.  We enjoyed a buffet lunch and have unpacked our luggage.  The ship does not sail until after 8:00 pm tonight so we will have supper before the muster drill and sail-away party. 

2 comments:

Gail said...

Sorry you ran into so much rain yesterday but it sounds like you still had a great day. I enjoyed your pictures. I remember that view of the ship as you around the curve on the train! Have a wonderful cruise and take lots of pictures!
Gail

Anonymous said...

What a pretty country . I too remember5 the photo from before with the ship in view going around the bend . A great photo
Pat