Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Glacier Bay

The highlight of today was watching the Marjorie Glacier in Glacier Bay National Park.  Three park rangers came on board and did a presentation before narrating our trip to and from the glacier.  I'll only post a few of the 46 pictures I took today!  Unfortunately, I did not get any pictures of the glacier calving.  It calved a few times in the first 1/2 hour of watching, but nothing of significance in the second half hour when I was setup to capture that event. 




After dinner this evening we headed for the top deck for some whale watching.  We did not see any whales, but we did see a lot of sea otters!  I made a video of them, but need to wait to upload it until I get off the ship due to the expensive internet time. 

I also caught one of this cure guy resting on his back which is how they make a table to work on clams or other food they find.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could actually see most of this on the webcam AND I even saw an otter. Wasn't sure what it was till I saw your pic. Loving the webcam...thanks Mary!! Can't wait to see all the photos! Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Love the photos , Amazing
Cute little Otters too .
Pat

Gail said...

Enjoy the rest of the cruise! Your pictures are great. Love those cute little otters!
Sounds like a nice anniversary on board. Congrats!