Friday, July 4, 2008

Getting back to normal

Yesterday was my first day back to work and it went pretty well.  I had a bit of a crisis to get ready for an 8:30 meeting, but besides that all went OK.  I got through about half of my pending emails so I still have some catching up to do.
Yes, I did wear my new Aussie hat and an Australia polo shirt.
Several people wanted to hear more about my vacation and, much to my surprise, one had even taken the exact same Great Barrier Reef excursion when she visited Australia some 15 years ago!  Same tour company and the same island.  Amazing!  
So Monday I should be able to get back into a regular work routine.
I think I'm pretty well over the time zone change issues.  Slept very well last night and am getting tired now, which is when we normally hit the sack.  So it seems to take 3 days to make the change, altho I've been functional for the past 2 days.  
That's it for today.  Hope you had a happy 4th of July!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well I hope this doesn't show up twice as I posted a comment earlier and it didn't show up .
Here I go again .

I'm so glad you went back to work looking the Aussie way :-}
I bet it felt terrible going back to work after having such an adventure .
Happy 4th of July for yesterday to you , Mary and the family .
Take care .
Pat