Friday, June 21, 2019

Cruise Day 7 - Sea Day #2



We had a busy sea day.  We were surprised to see some mountains from our balcony this morning!   My day started with Zumba while Mary went to a talk about our next port, Honningsvag. After lunch I played “quick cricket” (see below) in the basketball court while Mary went to an interview with “Doc” (Bernie Kopell) from the Love Boat TV show.  She said he was very funny and engaging as he talked about the various parts he played in other TV shows like The Doris Day Show, Bewitched, and Get Smart.  
So, you ask, what is Quick Cricket? Well, you’ have a batter, pitcher and fielders, but the scoring is based on your hitting ability - no running. It was quite fun and I came in 3rd behind two people who had played it a lot before.  A man from New Zealand complimented me on how well I played!
Today was the Captain’s Cocktail Party for frequent cruisers, where we met the captain and other officers. After that we headed to dinner, and then to a Beatles Tribute Show where we had a great time.  They sang many of the popular numbers and had the audience on their feet for Twist and Shout. 
Tomorrow we will be at the top of Norway.  Mary is taking excursion to the North Cape (northernmost point) while I’m taking fast zodiac ride to pull some crab pots and enjoy a fresh king crab lunch. 

Note:  The ship reports that Internet connectivity tomorrow is highly unlikely based on the position of the ship at these high latitudes, so my blog post might be delayed. 

2 comments:

Pescado Amarillo said...

Thank you, Bill, for blogging about a part of the world that is new to me. I’m enjoying following along so much. I hope you continue to have a wonderful time and look forward to your next adventure. Safe travels!

Anonymous said...

A different cricket game Bill , well done , enjoy your crab lunch ...
Have a great time . Pat