Monday, June 17, 2019

Cruise Day 3 - Stavanger Norway





We had an early morning boat ride excursion to Lysefjord, reportedly one of the most beautiful fjords in Norway. Both Mary and I took too many pictures, so choosing a couple for my blog was a bit hard to do.  The big attraction in this area is called Pulpit Rock which juts out from the cliffs nearly 2000’ (over 600 meters) above the water.  But the view from the water was not very impressive. The captain did take the boat up a small inlet and later against a waterfall so I chose those photos. One of the crew captured from of the water and handed it out to passengers as we left.  After seeing the sights, they took us to a small restaurant where we had Norwegian waffles with strawberry jam which were delicious!  

After returning to the dock we walked into the town and did some shopping.  I fell in love with a woolen sweater, but when I tried it on the collar was uncomfortable so I passed.  I’m sure we’ll see more in future stops. Back on the ship I came in 3rd in golf putting.  We enjoyed a nice dinner and watched a movie.  
Our days are getting longer as we move north.   Sunset is now after 11pm and sunrise before 4 am as our days get longer by 45 minutes.
Tomorrow in Flaam we have a train ride excursion. In the afternoon when the Sapphire Princess leaves, we have a long passage through a fjord to get back out to sea. 

No comments: