Sunday, June 21, 2009

Tallin, Estonia




We were very surprised to share a pier with the active British warship HMS Illustrious! When we exited the ship we walked right past the gangways for the warship.
We had only a half day in Tannin since we sail for Gdansk at 1:00, but we enjoyed every minute of it. This is a very lovely town. Quaint, colorful, and very old, with many buildings dating back to the 14th century. Everywhere we walked we came across another picturesque scene. I did not think I took too many pictures, but I ended up with 35 today! We had a bright blue sky and a gorgeous day.
The weather was a bit cool. Which is fitting for a place known for its woolen goods. Mary and I both purchased sweaters along with a few other items. I liked mine so much I wore it to lunch and then to see Slum Dog Millionaire in the Princess Theater. This has been a great voyage for seeing movies. First was Mamma Mia under the stars, then Doubt, Australia, Swing Vote and Last Chance Harvey in our room, and now Slum Dog Millionaire in the theater.
Guess that's it for now. We're having a great cruise, and might even do this one again sometime, if the price is right...

No comments: