Monday, June 15, 2009

Copenhagen

Mary and I have had a great time wandering around Copenhagen. The street system is very crazy and the addresses make no sense, but we haven't been lost yet. Most corners have no street signs and those you do find are often on the sides of buildings. The city is criss-crossed by canals and the scenery is amazing.
Our hotel is in an excellent location, right near The Stroeget, the main shopping street. Just walking around these ancient buildings and across cobblestone streets that have been there for centuries is fascinating.
So now we head for the Emerald Princess to begin the next leg of our trip. I have declared my camera "DOA". I found some tricks to revive it at an online site, but they only partially worked. The problem is the iris that covers the shutter is stuck so no light gets into the camera when the shutter clicks. I was able to get it briefly unstuck last evening, but it failed again next time turned it on. Cameras over here are very expensive, about twice what I'd pay in the States so I may pick up a one time digital camera and will end up sharing Mary's camera with her so I may be taking a few less pictures on this trip.
I have started a Picassa photo page to post a few pictures each day.
Time to pack up and head to the ship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys are having a lovely time , what a lovely country .
Have fun guys and thanks for letting us see your travels with the great photo's .
Hi Mary !!!
Pat