Tuesday, June 16, 2009

On board the ship

We had a nice dinner (prime rib and pina colada soup!) last evening
and Princess treated us to a special dessert in honor of our
anniversary. We purchased a bottle of wine and had a very enjoyable
meal, even if the waiters who sang "Happy Anniversary" were a bit out
of tune. Then we bundled up and went to see Mamma Mia! It was great seeing it again and having two blankets sure helped fight off the chill. After popcorn, the waiters came around with pizza, then again with warm cookies and milk!
The sun came up by 4 am this morning so I got up and closed the shades. Amazingly, we ended up sleeping in to 9 am so we had to rush to get ready for the 10:00 talk on Stockholm. Guess we need to set an alarm clock on board the ship. The soft rolling of the ship just lulls you to sleep.
We have a full schedule today. After the talk about Stockholm this morning, we have one on St Petersberg this afternoon and various other events like playing "The Amazing Race Game"; Unfortunately we got eliminated in the first round because we weren't one of the first 10 teams to find the martini bar.
I did finally get a camera today - a Nikon S550. It has 5X zoom and used SD cards. It has an internal rechargeable battery and got pretty good reviews on the sites I checked out. From all my reviews I liked the Nikon P80, but they were sold out of that model on the ship. Once I get back to the States I'll have to have my Canon evaluated and decide if I want to get it repaired or what I do. But for now, I have a camera!
It's always nice to have a day at sea early in the cruise to get into the routine of the ship. After this it's 6 straight days of port visits. Tonight is the first Formal Night and I think we're going to head to the Horizon Cafe instead of the dining room. We checked out the menu and it wasn't too exciting. But now it's time for either Afternoon Tea or the ice cream bar. Tough decisions... 8-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely picture Bill , I have that one saved , its "really nice" .
Oh all that eating , you will need to walk lots of miles after this trip ha .
Have fun when at Abba country .
Pat