Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Thank You Katie!

Last Sunday Katie asked my about sending text messages to my cell phone while in Australia.  Earlier in May I talked to Verizon and was told my phone would work, but calls would cost $1.55/minute.  Since we need to call Pat when we arrive, that was an acceptable charge.
But when I asked Verizon about TXT messages, the reply I got this week was "your phone won't work in Australia"!  I checked further at Verizon International  and sure enough Australia is not on the International Roaming list.
Verizon does have an international phone rental program, but that's $3.99/day and $2.29/minute.  So at that cost we're passing on it.   But it's nice to know it's available.
I'm sure glad Katie asked otherwise we'd have been in for a big surprise when we arrived and tried to call Pat.  Now I checked and pay phones are available so we'll just use one of them.

No comments: