Thursday, February 24, 2022

Florida Day 6 - Our last full day on Manasota Key

Today we had some nice activities to close out this part of the trip before heading north to St Petersburg. 

In the morning, my buddy John recommended that we check out the Englewood Farmers market.  It was quite a large market, with a very wide range of stalls.  Many of the typical arts and craft booths, along with several fruit stands, and many serving hot food - German, Italian, Mexican, and more.  We made a number of purchases, two of which are in this picture.  I could not resist buying the freshly made, Reeses flavor peanut butter.  I can't wait to get it home and enjoy it!  We also bought a few additional food items to eat while we are here.  


I played golf with John and his wife, Laura, in the afternoon.  It was a very pretty course, with lots and lots of water.  As I recall, you had to hit over water on 16 of the 18 holes.  Needless to say, many golf balls went missing today.  I had a fairly good score for me, with only 1 very bad hole.   It was a beautiful, warm day with a nice breeze.   Sure beats the cold and snow Michigan is experiencing tonight!    This weather will be missed.  After we finished, John and I said our "good-byes" until April when he's back in Michigan and our summer golf leagues start up. 

While I was golfing, Mary took some pictures of our condo.  The kitchen in on the left and the living room on the right.  The door in the living room leads to the lanai (screened in patio) that was in an earlier blog post.  As you can see it is very spacious.  


Tomorrow we pack up and move north for 2 days before heading home on Sunday. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Markets , I love markets . So glad you enjoyed also the golf afternoon . A very nice condo ..... You both wont want to go home to snow , enjoy the time left there , Pat