Sunday, September 8, 2013

Paris!

We had an excellent, but very long excursion to Paris today - 10 1/2 hours including two 3-hour bus rides. But it was all worth it.  Many thanks to our friends Gail, Kathy and Judy for recommending this excursion. 
Our day began very early since we had to be ready to leave by 7:00 am. Once we got to Paris we went to the Eiffel Tower for a 10 minute picture-taking stop. I put on my Red Wings shirt so I can submit a picture to redwings.com once we get back.  It was very neat to see the Eiffel Tower for the first time from this close distance. Little did I know about all the picture opportunities to come!

Our next stop was at the Arch D'Truimph and for 45 minutes of shopping on the Champs Elysees.  The macaroons from one store were highly recommended so we bought 2 apiece and enjoyed them on a bench.  They were delicious! 

After a driving tour of more Parisian sights including the Notre Dame cathedral, we arrived at our boat for our 2 hour luncheon ride on the Seine.  Mary and I both said this made it one of our top excursions ever!  Cruising on the Seine on a beautiful, sunny day while being served an excellent lunch with bottomless wine glasses - can it get any better? (Mary on boat)
Near the end of the river trip we were surprised to find a replica Statue of Liberty in the middle of the Seine. (statue and Tower) 

And lastly, here is my favorite EiffelTower picture.

3 comments:

Gail said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed the tour!! Looks like a beautiful day in Paris. We had a stop at Notre Dame rather than the Champs Elysee. I think it depends on the day of the week.
A long day but well worth it.
Keep on having fun!

Anonymous said...

WOW, all I can say is WOW! Great pictures! Sylvia

Kathy said...

I really enjoyed that dinner cruise as well!...great food, wine AND coffee! It was a little rainy the day we were at the Eiffel Tower but oh so worth it! Sounds like you two had a nice day in Paris!