Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Paris - Revisited

Since we're on a second sea day I went back through my Paris pictures an found a surprise. The Paris guide talked about about the architectural alignment of various buildings and I happen to catch one of them!  The first picture is of, what I call the Little Arch. 
But when I zoomed in on my picture.looking directly through the arch you can see it is perfectly aligned with the Egyptian Obelisk and the Arch D'Triumph. Very impressive!
I also caught this nice rear view of Notre Dame cathedral from our boat ride and thought I'd post it as well. Remember that on the web site you can double click on any picture to see a larger version of it.
Today we slept in.  In the morning I played bridge while Mary went to the fruit and vegetable carving.  We then enjoyed Pub Lunch and a port talk on Gibraltar in the afternoon.  The evening show is a comedian so we may or may not attend that.  Thankfully, the seas are much calmer today.  Many people, even some experienced cruisers, were sick yesterday morning and lots of talk about that being the roughest water many had experienced. 

On to Portimao, Portugal! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad the seas have calmed down!! Its suppose to feel like well over 100 degrees here today and tomorrow so....wish I was there :) Sylvia

Anonymous said...

loved being on your journey Bill and I'm glad you are feeling better
Pat

Gail said...

Glad the seas calmed down. Did you end up getting the table for two? The 10 Euros didn't hurt, I'm sure!!
Great pics of Paris - love the one of the arch!!
Keep having fun!