Thursday, January 17, 2013

Sea Day


Another relaxing sea day. I went to do Zumba at 9:00   but once I got there (along with 8 others) we found that it actually started at 9:30 so I bailed and did 6 laps of the Promenade deck then went to meet Mary for the 10:30 cooking show.  The cooking show was pretty neat.  It had 2 chefs there since the current chef is leaving the ship this Saturday and a new one is taking over. Afterwards, Mary took the kitchen tour while I headed back to the cabin.
Tonight was the Captain's Party where we met the ship's staff,  had a free drink or two, and heard various stats about the people on board.  The top three in cruise days got a free bottle of champagne.  #3 had 625 days so that is way out of our league.  I think they said over 400 passengers had over 300 cruise days! 
After that we headed for the dining room for a lobster/king prawn dinner!  YUM!   It was delicious and to top it off the special dessert this evening was Mary's favorite - Floating Islands! We both ordered that, but I spotted a hazelnut souffle on the menu and could not resist and shared part of my floating islands with Mary. Overall this had to be the best dinner of the cruise -- and we get to do it again next week! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You pair are living it up , the food looks yummy and you both look so nice in the photo all dressed up . Have fun . Pat