Sunday, January 13, 2013

First Day At Sea

We had a very relaxing day today, with the main activities being sunning (Mary) and bridge (Bill). We both attended the shopping show (I went to double Mary's odds of winning but unfortunately no prizes came our way.) and I also did Zumba this morning which I found quite intriguing. It was a 1 hour session and I did do OK at it, taking it easy on two of the segments, one midway and one at the end. I think I'll do another session or two on the cruise.

We've spent the day watching the islands of Cuba out our balcony window. It is sunny, warm and very relaxing. One interesting feature of this voyage is that, since we are on the Aloha deck, whenever we arrive on our floor the elevator says "Aloha" like it's saying "Good bye" to us.

As we left the shopping show we walked past the photography area and I was drawn to the camera table. Did I mention I forgot to bring the charger for my camera? Well, any port in a storm and the Nikon Coolpix S8200 was 20% off today so I got my trip souvenir. 8-) It has some very nice features like 14x digital zoom and 16 megapixel quality. Now to practice with it for the rest of this cruise. I did take a few pictures his evening of the revamped Piazza area with the new Vines and Leaves areas so here's one from my new camera!

3 comments:

Gail said...

Sounds like you are having a great time already!! Keep on having fun!

Katie said...

You did Zumba?? That's kinda funny. :) Glad you enjoyed it though, I really love it!

Anonymous said...

Your camera takes nice photos , Have fun away .