Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Dominica

Yesterday was our visit to Dominica. This is not the country of Dominica that shares an island with Haiti. When pronouncing it, you put the emphasis on the 3rd syllable: Do-min-I-ca. We changed excursions for this island but should have stayed on our original planned one since I failed to screen the difficulty level. This one had 2 very strenuous hikes to see waterfalls. We ended up walking over very rough ground in pouring rain. I did not have rain gear so I bought a very fashionable poncho (as you can see in the picture). Mary thought she'd be OK with her windbreaker since it was raining lightly at the time. We both ended up quite wet and our socks and shoes were soaked. But that's how it goes...
Once back on the ship I played water volleyball for an hour, mostly in the deep end. That was quite a workout! Watched a movie in the evening and generally relaxed and took it easy.
On to St Thomas!!

No comments: