Friday, January 7, 2011

Docked

Well, we're back in port now, docked and about to get off the ship. It's been a very relaxing cruise and I did spend part of yesterday organizing a photo album so I can upload to Picassa once I get home. It's not ready yet and when it is I'll post a link on this site. Our visit to Princess Cay in the Bahamas yesterday was cancelled. We were watching the small tender boats from our balcony and noticing how they were moving up and down a LOT. The captain came on the speakers and said that with 5' swells and 20 mph winds from the southwest, it was right at the safely limits for tendering passengers. So with conditions expected to be worse in the afternoon, he was canceling the stop. Since Mary and I did not have much planned this was no big deal for us.
Mary got some sun, I played bridge and participated in a golf chipping contest, and we did take on that ugly task of packing our suitcases. 8-((
Yesterday morning we did catch a beautiful sunrise. I'll have a whole sequence of pictures in my web page so this one will have to do for now.
I hope you've enjoyed my daily notes and pictures and hope that each of you will experience the joys of travel at some point in your life!

No comments: