Saturday, February 3, 2018

Florida - Day 1

Today was our travel day for a week at St Pete Beach.  We're staying at the Plaza Beach Motel, a place my parents found a couple of decades ago, and both my sister and I have kept up the tradition of staying here.  It has been quite a few years since Mary and I have been here, but we're already enjoying it.

One thing we really like is that it is right on the beach, so you just walk out and there you are!  After we checked in we took a walk on the beach down to the Don Cesar Hotel.  It was about 1 mile,  but listening to the waves made it seem a lot closer.  What a nice start to our vacation.



After that we walked across the street to Chick-fil-a, then to a Publix store to buy groceries for the week since our room comes with kitchenette.  Looking forward to a relaxing week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now that's how you do Winter!!
Enjoy your relaxing time! 🍹⛱🏝
Kathy

Anonymous said...

I hope you both enjoy the beach and your holiday . great photos. Have fun

Anonymous said...

PS , in my other message , yes its from me , I forgot to add my name :-) , anyway , that is some place you both are staying in , Enjoy . Pat