Saturday, January 23, 2016

San Antonio

Today we headed out VERY early on an extended weekend trip to southeastern Texas. A few weeks ago I got a great deal on a 6:00 am flight to Dallas and return flight on Tuesday so the planning began. Once in Dallas we picked up our rental car and drove to San Antonio, a place we both wanted to visit.
We arrived at 1:30, checked into our hotel, then headed across the street to the Alamo.  It was a bright, sunny, 65 degree afternoon and we found the exhibit very interesting.  I especially enjoyed reading the history and context of the battle.
This evening we met Dianne Hooper, a friend of Mary's who lives in this area, for dinner. Mary had not seen her for a few years so it was really nice for them to catch up in person.  We ate at Casa Rio which is on the Riverwalk, and had Mexican meals along with local craft beer, a great evening!

Tomorrow we will spend more time at the Riverwalk -- walking and taking a boat tour -- before heading to Houston on Monday to visit the Space Center.  On Tuesday we  head back to Dallas to fly home. Quite the whirlwind trip and a chance to get warm (It's supposed to be in the 70's the next 2 days) and see a part of the country new to us! 

2 comments:

Warren said...

Lovely little Molly was very loving the evening. She smelled all over my sweatshirt where I had held KC before I left the house. Then KC smelled all over it when I returned...LOL! Enjoy those temps!!!!! Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Have a fun trip and I hope you are warmer there Bill , say hi to Mary from me please .

Sylvia don't you love it when you go near another animal and arrive home to your pet :-) Hope you have received my emails as it doesn't seem a few people are receiving them