Friday, July 18, 2014

Mack, Pete and Chris Concert


Tonight was the free concert that precedes the main Aspen Deaf Camp Benefit Concert which is tomorrow. The concert by these three musicians was excellent! They played several of their own numbers as well as some familiar John Denver songs.
Before the concert we talked with Chris, Pete and Mack and their wives. Here's a candid photo of me talking with Chris Nole.  I told him how much I enjoyed his playing and ability to ad lib and add special touches to the songs that are not written in the music.  All three were very friendly as we caught up on whats going on in their lives.

Here are some close-ups of the guys in action.  They were obviously having a lot of fun while on stage and performing.
The highlight of the evening came during their encore.  I had tipped off Mack that today was Mary's Birthday.  He said he'd do something special, but I was not quite sure what how it would work out.  Well, he dedicated the encore to Mary, and then they broke into a chorus of "Happy Birthday"!!  She was thrilled and overwhelmed and it clearly made a special day even better. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a sweet hubby Bill . I bet Mary was so excited to hear the 3 men sing happy birthday to her . something I know she wont forget :-)
Pat

Gail said...

You're a keeper, Bill! I know Mary was thrilled with that special birthday serenade! Good going!