Thursday, January 30, 2014

Grand Turk

We had an open morning today since we did not arrive at Grand Turk until after lunch.  I had bridge play scheduled for the morning, but not enough players showed up for our table so I did a few laps around the Promenade deck.  On one lap I spotted this reader enjoying the warmth. She got lucky to find an open chair as I noticed every deck chair was occupied this morning. 
Our arrival was rather exciting as we docked next to the Ruby Princess - and there was not a lot of room between the two ships. It was fascinating to watch our ship approach the dock and snuggle in so close to this other large ship. This pairing of ships is intriguing as 5 years ago we were on the Ruby with our kids and next June we'll be on the Crown with them.
I had a stingray and snorkeling excursion this afternoon which went very well, except for running on "island time", returning over 45 minutes late.  I got to hold and pet two sting rays while the snorkeling went well and I saw a nurse shark and lots of colorful fish, but the reef colors were rather dull.  

Tonight we watched a new production show, then visited the photography store to pick out our souvenir picture.  Tomorrow is our last full day on board and we plan to enjoy it. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never been on a cruise but I think I know that lady reading a book on the deck! ((LOL)) The two ships look like twins :) Enjoy your last full day cause its snowing right now and Saturday we're really suppose to get hit! Thanks for the photos of warmth! Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Yikes , I hope those two ships were tired tight , so close together . Gee that lady reading , I think I know her too ha . Enjoy the time left . Thanks for the photos . Pat